Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Poke Me? Poke Him? Poker?




I've been on a Poker kick lately and have been playing a lot online. I donno what it is about the game but I really enjoy it. A lot of people look down on it as gambling but I have come to learn it is not just a game of chance like a slot machine, it really is a game of skill. Betting to High or Betting to Low can make you look to strong or to weak. Sometimes you want to look weak when you have a better hand to lure people into a false sense of victory. It really is a game that requires you to know how to anticipate actions and reactions. The way to win poker games is to set traps.

My only problem is I don't enjoy anything but No Limit Texas Holdem. I have a really good understanding of what is a good hand and what the odds are of winning in Texas Holdem. These other games are confusing to me. Like Omaha, Horse, Razz, etc. Anyways I am thinking about doing a poker night every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month if anyone is interested. Maximum of 8 People and do like 5$ buy ins. Just be a Table game, no Tournaments as of right now. That way if you get put out early and want to buy back in you can. Let me know if your interested, be a good way to spend some guy time together.

2 comments:

zaner said...

I'm usually busy on Thursdays, but I'd love to have poker night again.

LeAlan Carter Jr. said...

Changed this to Sunday Nights... For those who are watching. May do a Trial run this Sunday.