Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Corn Chips are from Satan

Looks are deceiving. Especially when it comes to potato chip bags. When you first partake of the visual beauty of the packaging that is the potato chip bag, you find your self expecting enough potato chips to last quite a while. Upon opening this treasure trove of potato goodness you are struck with the horror that it is mostly filled with air and only one-third of the bag contains chips.

The experience is not the same when it comes to a bag of corn chips. When you take a bag of corn chips into your hands you really feel like you have something. There is a significant weight to the bag as soon as you grasp it in your hand and you can tell there is no large pocket of air to act as a buffer to the outside world. Upon opening the bag of corn chips their golden glory shines out like the dawning sun! There are thousands upon thousands of corn chips in a single bag, enough to last all week, more than enough to cover the entire kitchen floor. I hate you corn chips, from the depths of my soul I hate you.

Instead of following the pack and putting less chips per bag like everyone else, you decide to have enough in your bag that it floods my kitchen floor when my 18 month old decides to inevitably dump them out. You know what I hate? I hate Fritos...Corn Chips.

No comments: